Tools and Resources
Self-awareness is a key element in your process of Living Loved and Loving Life. As you learn more about your personal WHY you are empowered to adjust your HOW in order to achieve WHAT you desire. (Please note that many of the links below are outside of this site and may require you to give your email address to engage their tool).
WHAT: Understanding individual patterns of external, observable behavior using scales of directness and openness for each of the four styles: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness & Conscientious.
HOW: Selecting traits and values as either “most like me” or “least like me”. Time: 15 min.
WHY: Revealing insight about how we relate to people, systems, conflict, and environments.
OCN offers this assessment, plus a follow up online coaching session based on your personal profile results. Click on link above for more info.
WHAT: Reveals nine distinct strategies for relating to yourself, others and the world. Each type has a different pattern of thinking, feeling and acting that arises from a deeper inner motivation or worldview.
HOW: Answering statements about your point of view with “I agree” or “I disagree”. Time: 15 min.
WHY: Provides a road map (rather than profile) to integration of one’s psychological, spiritual, and personality realities. It creates a pathway to better understand others as you come to more fully accept yourself and your way of processing the challenges and circumstances of life.
WHAT: Creating a whole picture of life experience through seven unique lenses which include; Physical, Emotional, Mental, Relational, Spiritual, Vocational, & Integrated aspects of formation.
HOW: Answering multi-layered questions to describe your interactions and choices. Time: 20 min.
WHY: We are more than the sum of our “parts”, yet most of us are not fully aware of the unique parts that make us whole. This lens provides insight into what makes us healthy and whole.
WHAT: Every individual possesses all 24 character strengths in different degrees, giving each person a unique character profile. Character Strengths are the positive parts of your personality that impact how you think, feel and behave. They are the keys to you being your best self.
HOW: Answering statements about everyday life indicating how much that statement is “like me” or “unlike me”. Time: 20 min.
WHY: Character strengths can be used to address a variety of life challenges and achieve positive personal and professional outcomes to be happier, strengthen relationships and manage problems.
WHAT: Creating language and clarity with regards to how you best receive and give love. This applies to all relationships including those you work with as well as those which are intimate and private.
HOW: Selecting between preferred methods of personal engagement and exchanges of love by answering which is more meaningful to you. Time: 15 min.
WHY: To increase the likelihood that your exchanges of love with others will be positively received as well as more efficient and effective.
WHAT: Creating a life plan by accounting for your personal priorities and passions to achieve your desired results while leaving a powerful legacy.
HOW: First you select which of the 9 aspects or accounts of your life which you are wanting to create a plan, then your rate statements as to how true they are for you. Time: 15 min.
WHY: To empower people to take responsibility for their lives in all aspects, not accepting drift to describe their path, but rather for you to be a gift which is offered to the world.
These groups meet weekly and engage the holistic aspects of life. There is no required reading or understanding of the term holistic, nor are you expected to engage beyond your comfort level. Together we walk the path of transformation engaging Biblical promises in prayer, declarations, and calling forth a new you.
Three different activities to engage in and begin charting your history, discovering patterns and letting God shape your future.
A practical and engaging process to help you discover your unique spiritual DNA. It’s designed to help you answer the two most pressing questions: “Why am I here?” and “What does God really want me to do with my life?”, which will guide you to define your role in God’s creation. Discover today where you fit into God’s story, because you definitely fit! (Cost is about $20.00, but worth it!).
Nourish your soul, by engaging worship music and sitting in the presence of God. If you don’t know where to start, check out the Bethel Youtube channel for easy access to transformational worship.
Discover the power to navigate change as a matter of choice. In 30 days you will: Ready the Body. Fire the Mind. & Aim the Heart.
Each of these books below have helped to shape Our Community Network. If you want more info on any book, or wish to read it in community with Casey, OCN Executive Director, simply contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All books are linked below to Amazon where you can purchase through Amazon Smile and 0.5% of all eligible purchases will be donated back to Our Community Network. Make sure to select Our Community Network as your Amazon Smile charity of choice.
- Leadership & Self-Deception (Arbinger Institute)
- The Anatomy of Peace (Arbinger Institute)
- The Outward Mindset (Arbinger Institute)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey)
- Wild at Heart / Captivating (John Eldredge)
- The Divine Conspiracy (Dallas Willard)
- Renovation of the Heart (Dallas Willard)
- The Soul of Shame (Curt Thompson MD)
- The Power of TED (David Emerald)
- Experience the Impossible (Bill Johnson)
- Water: For Healing, For Health, For Life: You’re Not Sick You’re Thirsty! (Batmanghelidj MD)
- The Book of Joy (Lama, Tutu, Abrams)
- Lifesigns (Henri Nouwen)
- Can You Hear Me Now? (Dallas & Nancy Demmitt)
- Got Your Attention? (Sam Horn)
- The Habits of Health (Dr. W. Anderson)
- Shine: Using Brain Science to Get the Best from Your People (Edward Hallowell MD)
- Breathing Under Water (Richard Rohr)
- The Obstacle is the Way (Ryan Holiday)
- Transformation: Change the Marketplace and You Change the World (Ed Silvoso)
- Change the Paradigm: How to Lead like Jesus in Today’s World (Raymond Wheeler)
- 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work (John Gottman)
- David & Goliath (Malcolm Gladwell)
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Malcolm Gladwell)
- Organic Leadership: Leading Naturally Right Where You Are (Neil Cole)
- Equanimity: Conquering Mt. Entrepreneur (The Og Mandino Leadership Institute)
- The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership (Dethmer, Chapman, & Klemp)